Identity and contact details of the controller and where applicable, the controller’s representative and the data protection officer
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority (‘the CA’) is the ‘controller’ for your personal information. This means that we decide the purpose and means of how your data is used as part of providing you with updates on the Liverpool City Region Music Board.
If you have any questions about how your information is being used you can contact the CA’s Data Protection Officer at
0151 330 1679
1 Mann Island, Liverpool, L69 3HN
Purpose of the processing and the legal basis for the processing
Your information is being used by the CA to provide you with updates on the Liverpool City Region Music Board, and we are able to do this with your consent.
Description of the categories of personal data
The categories of information being processed include your name and email address.
The CA will not be processing any special category personal data.
Any recipient or categories of recipients of the personal data
Your information will be shared with Mail Chimp for the purposes of providing you with the requested updates.
Details of transfers to third country and safeguards (where applicable)
As Mail Chimp are based in the USA, your personal data will be transferred outside the European Economic Area (all EU Member States, plus Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein). The security of your personal data is protected by the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Retention period or criteria used to determine the retention period
Once submitted, your data will be kept for the duration of the Liverpool City Region Music Board project or until you unsubscribe, whichever is earlier. This retention has been determined by the CA’s business need.
The existence of each of data subject’s rights
The GDPR provides you with the following rights when it comes to your personal data:
- The right to be informed how your personal data is being processed.
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you, which includes providing copies of the information to you within one month of a request. We may charge a reasonable fee to provide this information based on our administrative costs of responding (i.e. photocopying, postage, etc.).
- The right to rectification of any incorrect or incomplete data we hold about you.
- The right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, where:
- Your information is no longer required for the purpose it was collected;
- You withdraw your consent;
- You object to Liverpool City Region Combined Authority processing your information (and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing);
- Liverpool City Region Combined Authority has breached the GDPR when processing your data;
- There is a legal obligation to delete the data (such as a court order).
- The right to restrict processing, which limits what Liverpool City Region Combined Authority can do with your information.
- The right to data portability, where any automated processing of your information based on your consent or as part of a contract is made available for your reuse.
- The right to object to direct marketing or any processing based on the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority or for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling, where a decision made by a computer has a legal or significant effect on you.
The right to withdraw consent at any time
As our legal basis for processing your personal data is your consent, you have the right to withdraw this at any time.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data to the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner, who can be reached using the details below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office,
Cheshire SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113